At Loyola Marymount University, all incoming students must:
- Review the Consent for Treatment form.
- Review the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Complete Tuberculosis (TB) screening and/or testing.
- Provide documentation of two measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) immunization or proof of immunity (blood titer).
Failure to comply with this university policy will result in disciplinary action.
How to Complete the Entrance Requirements
To complete your Student Health Services Entrance Requirements 2020-2021, first access the MyHealth portal by logging into my.lmu.edu. From the top menu, click on "Accounts & Tech" and select the "MyHealth" link.
Once you're in the MyHealth portal, complete the following steps:
- Review and acknowledge the following forms:
- "Consent for Treatment" and indicate agreement by checking the box. If you are under 18 years old, download "Consent for Treatment of a Minor" form located in download forms. Print this form and have it signed by your parent or guardian and submit it to SHS.
- "Notice of Privacy Practices" and acknowledge by checking the box.
- Complete the "TB Risk Screening Questionnaire" if listed as "required" on MyHealth portal. Students born in a country with high incidence of TB (see list) or students who answered "yes" to any of the questions outlined on the TB Risk Screening Questionnaire must:
- Enter the date of TB skin or blood test within the last 12 months on the Immunization Entry form.
- For positive blood or skin TB test you must submit a chest x-ray report.
- Complete the "Immunization Entry" form.
- Upload copies of your immunization records and, if applicable, TB test records and chest x-ray report to MyHealth portal.
Entrance Requirements FAQs
All incoming LMU students must complete the following requirements on the Student Health Portal known as “MyHealth”:
- Consent for Treatment form. If a minor, Consent for Treatment of a Minor.
- Review the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire and/or testing.
- Provide documentation of two measles/ mumps/rubella (MMR) immunization or proof of immunity (blood titer).
No. A physical/health exam is not required.
Please review our SHS Entrance Requirements Step-By-Step Guide on how to complete these requirements.
The MyHealth portal is a secure site where you can complete your entrance requirements, update your medical and immunization history, schedule appointments, message SHS staff, obtain lab results and view charges. It can be accessed through MyLMU under the "Accounts and Tech" tab.
To find your immunization records:
- Ask your parents/guardian if they have records of your childhood immunizations.
- Check with your family doctor’s office or pediatrician’s office.
- Try looking through saved documents from childhood.
- Check with your high school for immunization records.
- Contact your state health department; some states have registries.
You can get a blood test called an MMR titer. You must submit your titer results showing immunity to meet requirements. If the blood test does not show immunity, you will need a MMR booster shot.
You cannot waive out of the TB test (if required); it is considered a screening test and not an immunization.
The MMR immunization can be waived only for medical reasons, your health care provider (not a family member or LMU health care provider) will need to complete the Exemption for Required Vaccinations form and submit it to SHS.
Note: Effective July 1, 2016, immunization exemptions does not recognize personal or religious reasons for exemptions.
A Health Hold will be placed on your student account if the SHS Entrance Requirements are not met.
Log into MyHealth portal and check the status of your compliance on the immunization tab. You can also check message(s) sent by SHS staff on the portal. If you have any question call SHS.
You can make an appointment with the Student Health Services to get an immunization/TB test/ or blood test for immunity.
Appointments can be made on MyHealth portal or by phone at (310) 338-2881. You can also make an appointment with your health care provider or other clinics.
Make sure to check if other facilities accepts your insurance before making an appointment.
The vaccinations listed below are strongly recommended, but not required:
- Hepatitis B vaccines (3 total)
- Hepatitis A vaccines 2 total)
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) vaccine
- Influenza vaccine
- Meningitis vaccine
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis vaccine (Tdap)
- Seasonal flu
- Varicella vaccine (Chicken Pox) - Students with no history of vaccinations or a reliable clinical history of varicella infection, should consider having this immunization.
Please visit the My Health Patient Portal and enter your immunizations.
Having troubles completing the entrance requirements? Download the SHS Entrance Requirements Step-By-Step Guide.