Sitting alongside two other first-year residence halls, Whelan is a traditional-style, three-story building for first-year students on the Loyola Marymount University campus. Two LMU students share each room. A bathroom is centrally located on each floor. For additional privacy, access to the third floor is limited to the women who live on that floor and their guests. The building is named for former Loyola University president, Edward Whelan, SJ.
Details for Whelan Hall
- Building Type: Traditional Residence Hall, Co-Ed by floor
- # of Student Beds: 174
- # of Units: 87 double-occupancy rooms, 6 RA rooms
- Built: 1965 (renovated in 1990)
- Features: Main lounge with microwave, 2 study rooms
- Approximate Dimensions: 12' x 16'
- Location: Next to Del Rey North Hall, Sunken Gardens, and Sacred Heart Chapel
|Furniture Per Student||Width||Length||Height|
|1 Desk Chair||22.5"||26"||30"|
|1 XL Twin Bed||39"||86"||36.75"|
|1 Standing Wardrobe||43.5"||26.25"||75.75"
ROOMIE: Explore a Whelan room using the link below. Furniture can be arranged, items can be measured and products can be purchased to prepare the perfect environment for your experience in Lion Nation!
Please note: While these are default layouts and measured accurately, individuals rooms are subject to variation and measurements are approximate.