Being a part of the Transfer Community will help you become integrated in the leadership culture of Loyola Marymount University. This community focuses primarily on the needs of second year transfer students. Members of this community are required to take a 1 unit Leadership Course through the Ignatian Leadership Institute. This course will focus on individual development and different group dynamics. The Transfer Community also offers opportunities for mentorship with professional staff, opportunities to create and implement programs for your peers, and a limited number of positions within Student Housing.
- 1 unit Ignatian Leadership course
- Monthly meetings with Instructor
- Monthly programming
- Leadership class
- Living with other new transfer students
- Leadership opportunities within the larger transfer population
- Opportunities for staff mentorship
- Monthly check ins to ensure a successful transition
Before You Apply
What is the Transfer Living Learning Community?
The Transfer Living Learning Community (TRLLC) is an intentional year-long program that helps new students transition successfully into the LMU environment. Students living in a residential community maximize their opportunities during their time at LMU. Members of the Transfer Community will become leaders on campus and become involved at LMU right away, take a 1-unit Ignatian Leadership Course for both Fall and Spring Semesters, and have a peer support group to help you navigate the University environment.
Is the TRLLC for you?
We are looking for transfer students who:
- Would enjoy living with other new transfer students.
- Are truly committed to your growth as a leader.
- Are looking to be involved on campus.
- Are open to engage in dialogue with other points of view.
- Are willing to share experiences and be vulnerable with peers as it relates to your social identities.
What should I expect from this experience?
- Mid-semester check-ins with a professional staff member
- Build a close relationship with peers and your RA
- Weekly yearlong 1-unit course (details TBD in summer)
- Off-campus excursions (including beginning of the year Weekend Getaway)
- Guidance from TRLLC alums.
- Take-a-longs to some of LMU’s trademark events/locations.
For More Information
Resident Director of Rains Hall, Dominic Ortiz, (424) 568-7829
Gabriela Arana, Assistant Director of Student Success, (310) 338-5252